Summer project #5, 6, & 7

This is another quilt I finished this summer.  I started this quilt about 2 years ago.  I collected and cut out the flip flops, purchased the border and sashing fabrics, then I got busy and put it aside.

I’m not sure why my picture didn’t rotate!  To finish this quilt I am looking for novelty buttons to add to the flipflops.

This is a baby quilt for Levi.  He lives in Alaska.  I made this quilt from start to finish in August.  I had all the fabric on hand for this quilt.  That was very exciting for me, because that means I have a stash.  In quilt terms that means I have enough fabric to make a quilt without going and buying anything.  It takes awhile to accumulate a stash.  Some of the fabrics in this quilt were leftover from things I have made my boys such as; pj’s, pillowcases, shorts, curtains, and costumes.  Some of the other fabrics I had bought in hopes of making those things for my boys, but they out grew it.  I bought this quilt pattern in Woodward when I went camping with the Boy Scouts in May.

I bought the border fabric of this quilt because it had brown cows on it.  You see lots of black cows, but very few brown cows.  Now that the quilt is done, you don’t see the brown cows like I was hoping.  The blocks of this quilt were made over the course of a year through a quilt group at church.  We used a method called Thangles to make the half-square triangles.  I think it was at least 3 years ago.  I pieced it together last year and quilted it this summer.  The fabric was all bought at a quilt store in Perkins, OK probably about 4 years ago on a shop hop.

Finished projects #1,2,3 & 4

I always set goals for myself to get things accomplished over the summer or other times during the year.  This summer I set a goal of finishing 3 quilts. 

Mystery Quilt-I pieced this quilt top a couple of years ago for a small group I am part of.  They gave a directions little by little until it was done.  That’s the mystery part.  This is the first mystery quilt I have ever made.

Baby Quilt-This quilt was made for baby Seth who was born in Wichita on Sunday.  Since they weren’t sharing the name, I wasn’t allowed to show pictures of this quilt.  The family didn’t tell me the name just the initial and they were wavering between two “S” names.

This quilt was a challenge from a few years ago.   I pieced the top a few years ago also.  Our small group used the blue floral fabric to make whatever pattern they wanted to.  I think this was the first challenge quilt I’ve ever done.

This was a pillow sham for a full bed.  I took off the sham part and put binding on it, to make it a table runner.  I found this quilt at Bill’s moms house after she passed away.  It also had a matching full size quilt that someone had to go with the shams.  They had sewn a dust ruffle on to it, so I took the dust ruffle off.

I still have projects 5 & 6 to take pictures of.